⚫ Hotels - Find great deals on hotels in Craiova, Romania.
⚫ Attractions - List of the most famous places you must see while being in Craiova.
⚫ Eating out - Find the perfect restaurant to dine in Craiova.
⚫ Transportation - Find out the best way to get around.
⚫ Craiova Hotel Map - Check out the hotel map to browse through your favorite hotels.
• EET (UTC+2)
• Summer (DST) EEST (UTC+3)
Closest Airport: Craiova Airport
The best route by car from Bucharest to Craiova is via A1 / E81 – DN 65 / E574: Bucharest – Pitesti – Slatina - Craiova - 220 km aprx 3 hours
• The most important city in Oltenia and the capital city of Dolj County, Craiova is the 6th most populous city in Romania and it is considered a college town, due to an important university located here
• A major industrial center, it is discovered that most of the Romanian train locomotives come from a manufacturing plant in Craiova
• An important moment in Craiova’s history is represented by the end of the Balkan War, as the treaty of peace of 1913 was signed in Craiova
• The highest peak of population was registered in 1992, when the city hosted almost 304,000 inhabitants
• Although it is a large cultural and historical site, Craiova has plenty of attractions for its visitors but the main landmarks to visit in Craiova are Madona Dudu Church, Museum of Oltenia, The Church of Coşuna Monastery dating from 1483 and the Botanical Garden
• Hotels in Craiova range from budget hotels and apartments to three and four star hotels located centrally in downtown Craiova
• Craiova Airport is located at about 7 kilometers from the city and it operates mainly internal, domestic flights but there are also few foreign destinations served by the airport in Craiova
• The currency in Craiova is the Romanian Leu but there are plenty of exchange offices where you can get Lei from your currency
We look forward to the opportunity to assist you in booking your hotel in Craiova. Hotels Craiova is your online guide for finding the best hotel rates in the city, including for exploring your destination before visiting. Our Craiova online guide offers some of the cheapest rates on the internet, including travel tips for what to do and see, how to get around, or where to eat, providing complete travel services for the leisure and business traveler.
Whether visiting for business or pleasure, our easy and secure online booking service will ensure you a pleasant stay in the historic and beautiful city of Craiova!
Craiova is the county seat of Dolj County, also known as the Capital of Oltenia. It is situated in the southern area of Romania, on the left shore of Jiu river, approximately in Oltenia's center, about 250 km from Bucharest and approximately 160 km (straight line distance) from Danube River (Dunare).
Housing within its limits a number of more than 298 600 inhabitants, Craiova is Romania's 6th largest city. ▸more